Federal Department of Rural Development Job Vacancy in Nigeria : Procurement Officer
Federal Department of Rural Development (FDRD) – The Federal Government of Nigeria has secured a credit from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) for the implementation of Value Chain Development Programme (VCDP).
The VCDP will address the constraints along the cassava and rice Value Chains in Anambra, Ebonyi, Benue, Taraba, Niger and Ogun
States. The programme comprises three complementary and mutually reinforcing components viz: Agricultural Market Development; Smallholder Productivity Enhancement: and Programme Coordination and Management.
The specific objective of the Programme is to enhance on a sustainable basis, the incomes and food security of poor rural households engaged in production, processing and marketing of rice and cassava in the participating states.
For effective programme take-off, the FMARD is constituting a National Programme Management Unit (NPMU) at the Programme Headquarters in Abuja. Consequently, part of the proceeds of the VCDP credit will be applied to engage the services of the following officer at the Programme Headquarters, Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Officer (PO)
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the management of Programme procurement activities as part of Programme
Implementation arrangements, in accordance with relevant National and IFAD Procurement Guidelines, building capacities of other Programme Implementing Partners.
- Undertake procurement activity as per the draft Procurement Plan which provides the estimated cost s and the basis for the
procurement methods for each procurement item under the programme.
- Prepare technical specifications for procurement of goods, works and services.
- Prepare bidding documents, tender notices, and invitations for bids.
- Receive, open and evaluate bids, as well as finalize contracts.
- Administer contracts to ensure compliance with the contract conditions, payment terms.
- Maintain all the records relating to procurement.
- Maintain a separate record relating to complaints and their redressal.
- Update periodically the Procurement Plan in agreement with the Programme team to reflect the actual programme implementation needs and improvements in institutional capacity.
- Ensure implementation of agreed procurement arrangements.
- Prepare procurement implementation reports in accordance with reporting requirements of IFAD and the government for both
- the NPMU and consolidated reports for the entire programme.
- Providing guidance and supervision for the state, the beneficiaries and service providers.
- Ensuring that the procurement capacity of state, beneficiaries and service providers is developed.
Terms of Appointment:
- Two year contract, subject to renewal for a maximum of 6 years, based on performance.
Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification. Masters degree will bean added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant post qualification experience in donor supported programmes.
- Strong background and experience in successfully carrying out procurement using similar procedures, methods, specifications
- Knowledge (at least 6 years) of internationally accepted ‘best practice’ systems, the Nigerian Procurement Laws and guidelines and experiences in working with donor funded projects.
- Good writing skills and good computer skills required
- Ability of team spirit, good interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Interpersonal and time management skills.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2014.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: The Director, Federal Department of Rural Development No. 30 127, Algiers Street, Beside PDP National Secretariat, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja, FCT. Note:
- This position is open to serving public officers as well as other interested candidates.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications must bear the positions applied for, on the top right hand side of the envelopes.